|Salt||2.5 tea spoons or to taste|
|Red Chili powder||1 tea spoons|
|Oil||half cup (Canola Oil or Vegetable Oil)|
|Onion||(Medium Size) 1|
|Tomatoes||3 (Medium Size)|
|Turmeric powder||1/2 tea Spoons or To taste|
|Yoghurt||3 Tea Spoons|
|Ginger & Garlic paste||½ tea Spoons ( Both Are Required )|
|ginger, and green chilies||For Gravy|
Peshawari naan is a recipe that is very common in Pakistan and India. It is filled with almonds, coconut, butter, and sultanas in bread. As this is a tasty and well-flavoured recipe, Peshawari naan has got wide-ranging popularity. It takes its origin from Peshawar, a city located in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa in Pakistan and spread throughout the subcontinent. Many of the restaurants also mix sultanas with almonds and coconuts.
This super simple recipe does not need a bundle of ingredients. Just you need limited ingredients to cook. It can be prepared in eight to ten minutes, which means you can enjoy it without any time consumption. The Peshawari naan recipe being fluffy in texture, has become a traditional dish for these people. The nutty and dry fruity taste makes it a super delicious dish all the time. This recipe is easily available in every restaurant in these countries. The only dough takes some hard work, but the remaining procedure is trouble-free during its preparation.
How to make Peshawari naan?
Ingredients needed to make peshwari naan
- 3 tsp golden caster sugar
- one cup of yeast
- 350 g white bread flour, plus extra for dusting
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 30 g ghee or butter, melted, and additional 2-3 tsp for greasing and brushing
- 160 ml yogurt
- 2 tbsp nigella seeds
- 4 cup warmed milk
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 2 cup sultanas
- Half tsp cinnamon sugar
Step by step instructions to make peshawari naan
- Put milk, yeast, and sugar into a jug. Stir well to make a mixture. Warm it for ten minutes
- Take a large bowl, and sift the flour into it.
- Add salt and make a well in the center. Put yeast, yogurt, and butter or ghee. Keep stirring until it becomes a dough. Use electric mixture, and knead for five minutes.
- During this time, make a combination of sultanas, almonds, and cinnamon sugar in a bowl.
- Thump dough downward. Roll out the floured surface. Rub for five minutes. Roll out two dough parts to form thirteen cm round. Leave a 2cm border around the edge. Add two level tablespoon of sultana mixture onto one half of the round—sprinkle edge with little water. Collapse dough over to enclose filling, and make an oval shape. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Warm a pan over high temperature. Brush one part of two naans with a little remaining butter. Now butter side should be down—Cook for a further two minutes. Wrap in a clean tea towel to heat. Repeat this procedure with remaining naan and melted butter. It is ready to serve.
What to serve with peshawari naan?
You can serve yogurt or chutney with peshawari naan.
in this article, I have provided all the unique and beneficial information regarding Peshawari naan. The article includes an introduction, ingredients, and way of making. If you have any questions or uncertainty, the comment section is ready. You just put your query. I will feel pleasure to welcome you and respond to you as soon as possible.
Thank you for reading