,Today, I am here with another Famous Desi Recipe, which is called “The Punjabi Diva”. This special Food is known as Nihari.
What is Nihari?
Nihari is an excellent Muslim dish, that has also won people’s hearts over the globe, and it is loved by all the countries where people love to try new foods. Nihari means a slow-cooked mutton stew, which is said to be originated in the Awadhi kitchen of Lucknow.
A popular and is Pakistan’s national dish; people like to eat it on the days on EID mostly. But it is generally eaten with keen interest.
The Star ingredients of Nihari
The star ingredient used in Nihari is the Mutton or the Beef, as well.it requires special efforts to make
The White Bone Marrow is one of the best craving ingredients that make Nihari popular among Meat lovers.
Ingredients to make Nihari
The ingredients used to make Nihari;
- 1 Kg meat2 tbsp refined oil
- 3-4 Green cardamoms
- 1 tsp whole cinnamon
- Two black cardamoms
- 2-3 Bay leaves
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 cup water
- one tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- one tsp red chilli powder
- 1.5 tsp garlic (ground), fried
- 1 tsp onion (ground), fried
- 3 tbsp yogurt (beaten)
- 2 tsp Gulab Jal
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg-cardamom powder
- 1/2 tsp saffron, soaked
- to taste Salt
- Few drops of Ittar
- Wheat dough (for dum)
- for garnishing fresh coriander and ginger juliennes
Step-by-Step Instructions to make Nihari
- Take a pan, add a little oil to it, and let the oil heat for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add some onion in it and heat it until the onions turns brown.
- Add mutton pieces, ginger paste, garlic paste, coriander powder, turmeric powder and salt.
- Gently mix and stir all the ingredients and let the mutton soak the Ghee and the spices.
- Add the nihari masala and 8 cups of water.
- Mix well, cover and cook on deficient heat for about 4 hours until the meat is tender.
- Keep checking in between.
- Dissolve wheat flour in half a cup of water such that there are no lumps.
- Slowly add it to the gravy.
- Stir mix it well in the gravy and let it simmer for another 10-15 minutes till the gravy thickens.
- Sprinkle some lime juice and garnish with ginger strips and fresh coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with Nan.
Tips for serving Nihari
- Present and serve the Nihari hot
- Try to add the White Bone marrow in it so make it extra delicious
- Always provide Naan and Khamenei Roti with it.
Thus, Making Nihari is not a difficult thing, but it requires a little effort and a lot of love so that you can serve the persons and make them love what you have made. That’s all I knew about Nihari, and try to make it more delicious by adding the toppings of Extra Ginger or some other sources.
Thanks for reading
Also Check Chicken Kadhae