Mutton pulao is a typical dish in Pakistan, India, and Turkey. Almost all mom makes rice dishes in Pakistan almost every week or a month. We can make mutton pulao as we make other pulao. We use some spices and meat to make mutton pulao. It takes almost one to two hours to make this dish. If we need better results, we have to serve it with raita and salad.
Mutton pulao is the most delicious recipe made with rice. If you ever visited Pakistani or Indian restaurants, you might See this dish on the top of the restaurant menu. Here, I will provide the best Indian desi style recipe of mutton pulao.
Ingredients to make mutton pulao
- 3 tsp cooking oil
- 1.5 tsp Cumin seeds
- Three onions (cut into pieces)
- Ginger and garlic paste
- Half kg mutton with bones
- Salt, to taste
- Half kg of rice (Good quality)
Star ingredients of mutton pulao
Mutton and rice are the most essential and star ingredients of mutton pulao. If you want to make the world”s best pulao, you have to choose meat with bones.
Mutton pulao recipe
Mutton pulao is the most consumed main course dish in the Indian subcontinent. On eid ul Adha, almost every Muslim family make mutton pulao. You will find the best recipes to make mutton pulao, but we are here to provide you with the best secret recipe and instructions for this specific dish. Follow every step for better results.
Step by step instructions to make mutton pulao
- Heat cooking oil in a deep pot or deep karahi
- put the onion pieces into the pot and saute them well and wait until onions become brown
- Add ginger-garlic paste and whole meat and cumin seeds and saute for at least one minutes
- Insert some spices and roast them
- Add salt to taste and 6 cups of water
- Simmer for more than 15 minutes if the meat is not cooked well
- You have to check that is there enough water to cook rice or not
- Water must be one inch above the rice
- If water is not enough, add some more water to it
- Cook this on high flame, stir the sides once or twice
- After 20 to 25 minutes, lift the lid and fluff up the rice with a spoon
- Your mutton pulao is ready to serve
Note: The people of Lahore serve mutton pulao with salad and raita or yogurt.
Mutton pulao is the most famous dish in Pakistan, India, turkey, and many south and north American cuisine where Asian communities live. The recipe for Pakistan and turkey is a bit different. As per my perception, Haider Abadi pulao is the best pulao in the world.
I hope we have provided enough information and a recipe for mutton pulao. Suppose you have any queries or questions. Please comment below in the comment section.